French Toast Pizza
By Heidemarie Swanepoel
Sometimes we get into a real bind, and don’t have time to cook a full meal. But if you’re anything like me, you want to give your family something wholesome to eat. Just because it’s quick and easy to prepare, does not mean it has to be unhealthy.
Tonight was just such a night. We got home, and knew we would have to fly again early morning. So I made French toast with a bit of flair: I crossed it with a pizza.
Ingredients: (Per Person)
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tomato relish or sweet chilli relish
- 2 – 4 slices tomato
- Diced cooked meat (I used chicken roll, but you could use pepperoni, hot dogs, or any meat you have left over in the fridge).
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup grated cheese
Beat the egg and milk in a cup with a fork, and add salt and pepper to taste. Let your bread soak up the egg mixture. Fry the egg bread in a little heated oil, over medium heat. When nicely browned on one side, turn over. Spread the relish onto the bread while still cooking. Add the other toppings, and end with the grated cheese. Cover the pan, and allow to cook on the second side. Once the cheese has melted, serve.
Presto, a healthy meal in minutes!
- Ma Chole ki Dal (Slow Cooked Split Black lentils and Split Bengal Gram Curry)
- Low Calorie Summer Salad with Couscous and Peanuts
- Basil Pesto and Tomato Sandwich
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
- Baked Turkey Seekh Kebabs
- Creamy Pesto Macaroni
- Brown Lentils and Collard Greens Soup
- Curried Eggs
- Savoury Hurry-up Muffins
- Toddler Approved Spaghetti with Collard Greens and Broccoli