By Heidemarie SwanepoelThis was a staple dish many years ago, as a meal, or as a soup, and sometimes sweetened as a pudding. We enjoy it as a custard served with fruit or another pudding, or as a meal on a cold winters night.
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
2-3 tablespoons corn flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
In a heavy bottomed pan, bring 3 cups of milk to the boil. Add the butter. In a small dish, mix the remaining cup of milk with the sugar and the corn flour thoroughly. Once the milk is boiling, add the corn flour mixture, and stir well. Simmer over medium heat for a few minutes to thicken. Add the vanilla essence in the last minute of cooking. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.
- Can I half this recipe – will it still work?
- Tweets that mention Eggless Custard | Chef In Making — Topsy.com
- La gateau, London halal wedding cake shop, London sugar less sugar free cake… | Cake Decorating Business
- Peanut Butter Fudge with Pretzels
- Suji Kheer
- White Chocolate and Craisins Haystacks
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
- Strawberry Milk Cake Pudding (Eggless)
- Strawberry Cake (Eggless)
- Steamed Date and Sago Pudding (Eggless)
- Easy Coconut Chocolate Fudge
- Pears with caramel sauce
- Baked Bananas with Cinnamon Sugar