Candy Cane White Chocolate Fudge
Today I made this festive peppermint fudge for my friends and family. The original recipe called for Vanilla chocolate chips but I made it with white chocolate chips to get the oh-so yummy peppermint-chocolate taste. As I am writing, I already ate couple of pieces and I am struggling hard to not to grab another one!
3 1/2 cups white chocolate baking chips (I used Nestle Tollhouse White Morsels)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk – I used Eagle brand
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup crushed candy canes
A dash of red food coloring (you can use green as well!)
1/2 cup semi sweet Chocolate Chips/baking chocolate squares
and/or 1/2 cups white chocolate baking chips
Colored or chocolate sprinkles
Colored Sugar Crystals
Crushed candy canes
Line an 8 inch square baking dish with aluminum foil, and grease the foil.
Combine the white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth.
When chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy, stir in the Vanilla extract, food coloring, and candy canes. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill for 2-3 hours, then cut into pieces of desired shape.
The fudge tastes great without any additional toppings but in the spirit of holidays I played around with couple of different options:
1. Melt the chocolate chips/squares as per instructions
2. Coat half a piece with the melted chocolate and sprinkle desired topping such as colored sugar crystals, colored or chocolate sprinkles, crushed candy canes and so on.
3. Put the coated pieces on wax paper and let the chocolate get firm (about 15 minutes)
4. Enjoy! and store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Peanut Butter Fudge with Pretzels
- Suji Kheer
- White Chocolate and Craisins Haystacks
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
- Strawberry Milk Cake Pudding (Eggless)
- Strawberry Cake (Eggless)
- Steamed Date and Sago Pudding (Eggless)
- Eggless Custard
- Easy Coconut Chocolate Fudge
- Pears with caramel sauce