Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
them are loaded with sugar, refined flour and fats. As I stumbled upon this
recipe, I remembered him and thought of giving it a try.
I am not sure if I should categorize these as cookies or not. Contrary to most
cookies recipes, these do not contain any added sugar, flour, eggs or even
butter or oil. The only most indulgent ingredient I added is ‘white chocolate
chips’. Although the powerhouse Banana – Oatmeal – Raisin combination make
perfect breakfast, I know I will not feel guilty if I had one for dessert!
3 ripe bananas (mine were sort of overripe)
2 cups fast cooking Oatmeal (I used Quaker’s 1 minute oats)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Craisins (Cranberry Raisins)
1/3 cup Shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips / or chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mash the bananas with a fork and add Vanilla
3. Add oats and rest of the ingredients
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Mine came out soft and perfectly sweet. Bake a little longer if you prefer
slightly crunchy. Enjoy warm cookies with a cup of coffee!
I will make them again next week for my father-in-law. This time I plan to
replace the chocolate chips with chopped walnuts – make them more healthier!
- Ma Chole ki Dal (Slow Cooked Split Black lentils and Split Bengal Gram Curry)
- Low Calorie Summer Salad with Couscous and Peanuts
- Banana Walnut Oatmeal Muffins
- Suji Kheer
- Basil Pesto and Tomato Sandwich
- Baked Turkey Seekh Kebabs
- Brown Lentils and Collard Greens Soup
- Strawberry Milk Cake Pudding (Eggless)
- Strawberry Cake (Eggless)
- Mili-Juli Sabzi (Mixed Vegetable medley with chickpeas)