Banana and Date Smoothie
By Heidemarie SwanepoelI wanted a quick breakfast replacement this morning, and decided on a delicious smoothie. Smoothies can be made from any fruit combination you can dream up, but while some are very tasty and refreshing, not all are efficient hunger busters, if you need a meal replacement. Try this delicious banana and date combination to use as a replacement meal. Optionally you can use your meal replacement powder or dietary fiber powder in the mix, but it is good on is own too.
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup yogurt or ice-cream
2 tablespoons chopped dates
1-3 teaspoons sugar, sugar replacement or honey
½ – 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Meal replacement protein powder or fiber (Optional)
Layer your ingredients in the blender as follows: Start with the yogurt or ice cream. Next add the chopped banana, chopped dates, sweetener and lemon juice. If you are using meal replacement or protein powder, mix it with the milk first, and then add to the blender. Otherwise just add the milk.
Now comes the blending. Blend on high speed for 1 ½ – 3 minutes, until well mixed and frothy.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
And for a few variations on the fruit you can try mangoes with oranges; crushed pineapple with pineapple coconut juice; peaches and apricots with OJ; cherries with chocolate flakes.
- Ma Chole ki Dal (Slow Cooked Split Black lentils and Split Bengal Gram Curry)
- Low Calorie Summer Salad with Couscous and Peanuts
- Basil Pesto and Tomato Sandwich
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Eggless)
- Baked Turkey Seekh Kebabs
- Brown Lentils and Collard Greens Soup
- Mili-Juli Sabzi (Mixed Vegetable medley with chickpeas)
- Moroccan Style Red lentil and Garbanzo Soup (Low Calorie)
- Tortellini with roasted vegetables
- Easy Turkey Meatballs